Sunday, November 10, 2013

TUTORIAL: My Current Eyeshadow Routine

Share it Please
As my makeup collection grows, it's inevitable to ignore some makeup items I have. And as I was arranging all the makeup I recently hauled unto my makeup cabinet, I dug into my collection and brought out pieces I think would look good together; pieces that I would rarely reach for. As makeup-holic as I am, I feel guilty if a product goes to waste.

L to R: MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot, MAC Expensive Pink Eye Shadow, MAC Espresso Eyeshadow
It can be challenging to wear pink eye shadows. To me, it most often looks tacky just like bright blues and purples/violets. But I feel that if you add hints of warm tones, you might be able to pull it off.

I wanted to bring out the gold flecks in Expensive Pink so I decided to apply Rubenesque as a base, which too has hints of gold in it.


You can opt to place a little bit of Espresso on the outer lower lash. But for my routine, I choose to leave the lower lash line bare since I usually wear this look during the day and I wanted it to be simple. If I had a nude eyeliner, I would put that on the lower rim to complete the look.
Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Doll

Here's the rest of the products I used on my face:
;
Clockwise from L to R: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish, Tarte Exposed,  Smashbox Soft Lights Palette, NYX Matte lipstick in Natural, NYX Soft Matte lip cream in Stockholm, Lancome Teint Miracle 
I rarely use foundation. For my routine I just use any face powder I feel like using that day. If you have dark circles under your eyes, be sure to cover it up since pink eye shadows tend to make your eyes look swollen. For blush, I use my favorite Tarte Exposed. It is a neutral blush which will look great neutralizing the pinks on the eyes. I then apply a little bit of highlight on the tops of the cheeks and on the bridge of the nose. Just a tiny bit. And for the lips, I opt for a neutral pink (which looks kinda purple-ish on the photos. I don't know why).

I decided to place a tiny bit of highlight on the inner corners too.

There goes the uneven eyes. :D

Here's the complete look:



xx,

Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUIRKYLIPPY
by Althea

Blog design by Mo Jaravelo