Saturday, November 16, 2013

FIRST IMPRESSION: YSL Palette Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylone Radiant Blush

Share it Please

YSL Palette Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylone
It's so beautiful!! And it's Asia exclusive for YSL's Holiday 2013 Collection. <3
Where do I begin?! Okay okay. Let me calm down for a bit..

YSL Palette Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylon
This limited edition blush palette features two shades that are cool toned; one is matte, and the inner part (heart) is satin, I believe. While I was engaging a stare down contest with this beauty, the pink heart seemed like an overspray. I'm not ready to dig it up yet, I'll guess I'll find out after a few uses of this. It smells like a dainty perfume, not at all irritating for those of you who are quite sensitive to scents. It is beautifully encased in YSL's signature gold packaging with it's logo imprinted all over the cover. The top part feels like a rubbery sticker. Surprisingly, and quite disappointingly, it didn't come with a black velvet-ish pouch.

YSL Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylone
When I first saw this in Singapore, I was hesitant to get it mainly because of the cool toned blush. But after 2 sleepless nights, I caved. I realized I couldn't pass it up, specially because it's a LE. I'm a sucker.

Don't let the undertone of this blush fool you. It suits my skin well. I have warm undertones and I'm not exactly fair, I'm morena (tanned), but it looks good against my skin and it showed up pretty well. The texture is so fine and felt smooth, easily blends and is buildable.

Blush when worn under natural lighting
Blush when worn under artificial lighting
It looks quite natural on the skin. As I looked at it under a 12x magnifying mirror, you could see specks of shimmer which probably comes from the pink heart. But when looking at it on a normal mirror, you could barely see it, it looks more matte. On the pan, the pink heart looks a bit shimmery. When swatched, it appeared like it's a satin finish.

Left: Inner blush, Right: Outer blush
For longevity, I've yet to test that out. As I'm writing this post, it's been about 3.5 hours since I applied it and I'd say 85% of it is still on. I guess this is where it will fail me.

It's my first time trying out YSL's blush and I've completely fallen in love. I hope such formulation translates throughout their permanent blush line. Though I was hesitant about the shade, I think it was worth the jump (and the splurge). It gave my cheeks a certain glow; it is sweet and girly. Not exactly my type but after seeing it against my skin, I'm starting to like cotton candy pink blushes. I'm so glad I came back for this, and that it was still in stock when I got there. These things usually sell out like pancakes.

YSL Palette Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylone
YSL Palette Parisian Nite in Rue De Babylone
I'm so glad I had the time to put this first impression out before December comes in. I hope this helps you out in deciding whether it's worth it or not. This is me telling you, BUY IT.

xx,

Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUIRKYLIPPY
by Althea

Blog design by Mo Jaravelo