Saturday, November 30, 2013

My thoughts: Benefit Gimme Brow and a Comparison with MAC Brow Set

Share it Please

Benefit Gimme Brow
I am a brow conscious freak and I have a nasty habit of over plucking my brows. Some days I find myself looking into a magnifying mirror, plucking away stray hairs thinking ooh, this looks so much better. And then I pull out from the mirror and realize how crappy it looks. I know all of us had horror stories like this.

My brows are that one thing that really frustrates me. Up until now I still haven't found that routine to perfect the shape and look of it.

Benefit Gimme Brow
Benefit says this product is water resistant, long-wearing, natural-looking, and buildable. It is a brush on fiber gel for the brows. Basically this will help in grooming your brows, making the hair stay in place, and giving it a tint. It comes in only 2 shades which I thought was very limiting.

Benefit Gimme Brow
I got mine in light/medium. The other shade was obviously too dark for me, specially because I had my hair colored to a lighter shade. I wish Benefit would come up with a broader color range. Brow gels are kinda tricky because you have to take into consideration your hair color. I like how light the shade is but it turned out looking ashy on my brows.

Besides the color range, I love everything about this product. The itsy bitsy brush head is perfect and makes it really easy for me to go back and forth, coating all the strands. I'm usually apprehensive with brow gels because of my experience with the MAC brow sets but this one wasn't intimidating to use. It applied evenly and left my brows tamed but not flat. Many have claimed it as volumizing but I haven't really noticed that.

MAC Brow Set vs. Benefit Gimme Brow

MAC Brow Set and Benefit Giime Brow
My first brow gel was the MAC brow set. Size wise, MAC takes the cake. I wish the Gimme Brow was this big. The two are very different not just in the amount of product. The brush head shape and size differences are very notable, as well as the color range.


For me, I like Benefit's brush better compared to MAC's. In my experience, the tapered brush makes it easier to get to the inner part of the brows and easier to coat the tiny hairs. Application of the Brow Set was quite difficult for me. It always looked uneven and patchy. The brush packed on too much product which makes it feel thick on my brows. I know you can just rub the excess off on a paper towel but isn't it just a waste? 

However, what I do love about MAC's brow set is that the shade makes the brows look multidimensional because of the flecks of shimmer. Whereas the Gimme Brow is just matte.

Final Thoughts:

Benefit was on point when they described this product. It looked natural, and lasted all day on my brows even when I was sweating. Applying it was really fuss free and easy. Even though it deposited an extra amount of product on the wand, it applied evenly thus eliminating product wastage. It held my brow hairs in place and made it look really neat. What I'd love to see is more color variety and more than just 3.0g of product.

xx,

Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUIRKYLIPPY
by Althea

Blog design by Mo Jaravelo