Thursday, December 12, 2013

NEW LOVES: Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks

Share it Please


These lipsticks did not disappoint. This is my first time trying out any products from Too Faced and the minute I put these on, they're an instant favorite. Love!


Too Faced describes this as a creamy, color drenched lipstick that is hydrating, soothing, and conditioning. It is vegan friendly and Paraben free.


I noticed that there's a trend now for gold tube lippies. I like the matte finish on the La Creme packaging because you wouldn't have to worry about it getting scratches, specially when you're carrying it around your purse. One thing I'm most pleased about is that the cap closes off tightly so it's really travel (and purse) friendly. It has a nice weight to it, like a YSL lipstick; it feels really luxe.


The colors I chose were more on the everyday type because I needed such in my arsenal. To non makeup addicts these may look pretty much the same but to me it just gave my lipstick collection a lot of variety. And it seemed like the perfect formulation for everyday wear because it felt really moisturizing. It feels very comfortable on my lips specially during application. Speaking of application, it glided on so smoothly like butter. It was love at first swipe! It delivered an even coat with one swipe and the pigmentation is great for a moisturizing lipstick. Usually with such formulation you'll find the shades too sheer but the La Creme's pigmentation was actually good.

Too Faced doesn't claim this as long-wearing and I do note that it got completely wiped off after eating. Also it has a tendency to settle on the fine lines of your lips though it's not that noticeable.


I know, I know.. It all looks the same. These are the types of shades that I love!

NAUGHTY NUDE

Naughty Nude is a chestnut shade. I noticed it slips and slides on my lips. And since it's a light color, it is quite noticeable. I suggest not pressing your lips too much to avoid color migration. When I first saw this on the store, I was certain it won't look good on me; it looked too ashy for me. But I'm glad I took the risk. I finally found the perfect nude for my skin tone. This didn't wash me out.

SPICE SPICE BABY

Spice Spice Baby is a pinky brown lipstick. This shade is the perfect color for my pigmented lips. It's definitely my MLBB ("my lips but better") lipstick. My lips are this shade naturally and wearing this lipstick did not look like I was wearing anything at all. It does not emphasize dry patches on the lips, which, by the way is consistent across the four shades I own.

CINNAMON KISS

Cinnamon Kiss is a spiced brown shade. It looks very similar with Sweet Maple on the photos. The latter is actually darker in person. Cinammon Kiss has more mauvish pink tones in it.

SWEET MAPLE

Sweet Maple is a plum brown shade. And the plum tones are more apparent if you look at the lippy in actual. It is the darkest of the four shades I have but it's not overpowering when you wear it. It still looks natural and wearable.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think everyone will find a shade that will suit them. These are one of the best lipstick formulations I've ever tried and I wouldn't think twice of getting all the shades. Ehem. That's the hoarder in me talking. It was so soothing on the lips even after swiping and removing it for the purpose of this review. I really love them and I can't wait to get more!

xx,

Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment

QUIRKYLIPPY
by Althea

Blog design by Mo Jaravelo